Central Iowa Sheet Metal Workers Local 45 will be accepting applications for the Training Coordinator position for the Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee (JATC) currently held by Mike Cox. Mike will be retiring in the summer of 2021. This job entails a variety of requirements.
This position does not consist of a typical 7:00-3:30 work schedule and will, at times, require the employee to be flexible with their time. The minimum starting salary for this position will be Foreman's rate at 40 hours per week. If interested, please submit a resume to Sheet Metal Workers Local 45 JATC, 4534 NW 6th Drive, Des Moines, IA 50313 by December 31, 2020. All submissions will be reviewed, and if selected, you will be notified by January 31, 2021 with an interview date and time.
- You must be a Journeyperson in good standing with Local 45 for at least 2 years.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office.
- Keep all school and employment records of all apprentices until such time as they leave the program.
- Monitor the apprenticeship program so that it adheres to all Federal and State regulations and standards.
- Recruit, supervise and train instructors.
- Carry out all policies and directives of the Sheet Metal Training Fund regarding the operation of the apprenticeship and journeyman upgrade programs.
- Attend school during most school hours to supervise activities of apprentices and instructors.
- Conduct staff meetings, determine schedules, monitor and help instructors with plan lessons and discipline apprentices.
- Administer day-to-day operations and finances of Central Iowa JATC funds.
- Maintain and keep an inventory of the facility, facility grounds, tools and equipment.
- Arrange all aspects of the application process within the guidelines of the rules and regulations.
- Work with the union and the contractors for betterment of the industry.
- Travel is not constant, but it is a requirement during certain times of this job.